Saturday, July 15, 2017

Wet chill

Another wet and chilly day here but after so many nice ones I suppose its to be expected. We can't have perfection all the time now can we?

Last night we had a family get-together here at my house and quite a few of the extended family were able to make it, which was really nice. We don't get to see each other often during the summer as we suspend out Sunday lunches until after Labor Day. So it was a good opportunity to catch up a little. Seeing the kids, who grow too fast, and knowing how they've changed since our last time together was sobering.  Children remind us of the passage of time. And remind us not to waste it as it's so fleeting.

It was a wet, chilly night but we were able to sit outside with the help of towels and sweatshirts, and it was good to reconnect. As I cleaned up after everyone had left I thought about how lucky I am to have so much family around. It truly is a blessing. Even making a trip to the dump this morning with three large bags of garbage from the festivities didn't effect my appreciation for the gift.

There are many things to be thankful for in life and family has got to be at the top of my list. Without my family I may not have survived this past year. They certainly make the hard times more tolerable. And the good ones more fun. And that's something to celebrate.

No comments: